HEAD,HEADACHE AND HOMOEOPATHY
A)WHAT ARE THE COMMON TRIGGERS OF MIGRINE ?
1. Exposure to sun
2. Weather changes
3. Skipping Breakfast
5. Fan or AC blast
6. Stressful travel conditions
7. Noise and Air pollution
8. Emotional stress
9. Physical exertion
10. bright Lights, loud noise
11. change in Sleep patter
12. Certain foodstuff
B)WHAT ARE THE FOOD ITEMS THAT SHOULD PREFERABLY BE AVOIDED?
1. Cheese ( Panner) and cheese products
3. Fermented foods such as idli, dosa, pav etc
4. Excess tea or coffee ( Not more than 3 cups / day)
5. Chinese food ( MSG) :Mono Sodium Glutamate, Aspartame Cold drinks, colas
6. Fast foods
7. Alcoholic / Caffeinated drinks
8. Citrus fruits
9. Ice creams
10. Artificial sweeteners
11. Cold drinks, Colas
C)WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MIGRAINE TRIGGERS ?
1. Trigger of migraine are different in each patient.
2. You have to identify and avoid the factors which trigger your migraine headache.
3. Triggers may also vary from time to time in the same patient.
4. The better the control of triggers, the lesser the medicines that will be required.
D)ARE THERE ANY OTHER GUIDELINES FOR MIGRAINE PATIENTS ?
1. Schedule your day well, have a set time for retiring and rising.
2. Eat well balanced regular meals.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Avoid loud and irritating noise.
5. Maintain fixed sleeping hours, neither too much nor too little sleep.
6. Take medicines regularly as advised by your doctor.
7. Keep a record of your attacks and possible trigger factors.